Like some other pools and organizations in the area, VWP members balance the communal obligation of keeping the facility thriving through a volunteer program.
Annual members are assessed a $100 volunteer fee per household in addition to the membership fee (for new members, this fee is $80). The volunteer fee is fully refundable upon completion of 10 hours of volunteer work (8 hours for new members) during the season (01 October - 30 September). For fewer hours worked, refunds are issued on a prorated basis by November 1. Volunteer time for the Vikings swim team does not count towards this program.
Members can use the volunteer sign-up list (button below) to sign up for a wide range of opportunities or contact us to propose your own idea. There is plenty to do.
Volunteer Opportunity Types
Volunteer opportunities are organized into four main categories
on the sign-up list: 1) board positions, 2) committee positions, 3) scheduled jobs, and 4) variable-time jobs.
- Board positions are limited to VWP members who have been members for at least one season. Board members are approved by election of the general membership. An empty board member position may be filled immediately by a majority vote of the Executive Board, but would have to be confirmed at the next annual membership meeting.
- Committee positions are open to all members.
- Scheduled and variable-time volunteer jobs are open to all members, and some jobs can also be filled by non-member neighbors who simply want to help their community pool. Teens looking for community service hours are eligible, too.
1. Click on the button below to see opportunities currently available by category. We update these opportunities regularly throughout the year.
2. Make sure you have signed into your account (top right of the website) to see all available opportunities.
3. Important: When reviewing available volunteer opportunities, please ignore the date and time functions for all positions except those under the category of "scheduled jobs." (The software does not allow us to alter formatting, so we must assign a date and time to each opportunity. For positions that will fulfill at least ten hours, the time block is listed as 12-10pm.)
4. You can track your volunteer hours worked by navigating to your member profile and clicking the hyperlink to volunteer.